Iona

Iona
Iona, Scotland. Photo taken by Morag Noffke

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Everyday Art: silk in the wind

Waves breaking at Buffles Baai, Cape Point, 2011 by Morag Noffke.

The elements, such as the wind and the waves of the sea speak to me of the mutability of life and humans while the rocks speak of the immutability of certain physical and spiritual laws such as gravity and giving. There is variability and security woven into our existence. I believe ultimately the Creator knew what he was doing.


Who are we?
A fleeting life, a mere breath…
Aimlessly blowing in the wind
when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind”
- Solomon, Ecclesiastes

But
We are a spirit-soul malleable in the Makers hand
like a seed blowing where He wishes through the land
Gently responsive to his Spirit
merging with the flow as one
in unison,
My life is to receive His kindnesses
to return to fuller connection
to repair this world
hand-in-Hand
to live my fleeting life,
a mere breath
in response to His
Breath.  
  
What
He does, the Spirit-Maker, is create us…
we are His silk blowing in the Wind
In response to his toil
he has achieved,
he has loved,
he has breathed
His life
into
us.

We are not
meaninglessly
blowing in the wind
although our achievements
and our toiling might be meaningless
a chasing after the wind, in place of the Wind. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Morag, Ha! I guess I abandoned my blog in between your comments. I am considering trying to blog again after a creatively deficient year. I logged into blogger to start a post and saw I had comments. I love your poem and thank you for your interest in my scribbles. I will peruse your blog when I am not at work ;-)
    Blessings,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candace, I wonder if you are still blogging... I have done the same thing as you did. After my comment - and before yours I found out I had cancer (had a creatively deficient experience) and it has taken me until tonight to venture back on to my blog... I intend to pick up blogging but I am tentatively moving forward.
    Hope we connect again,
    Morag

    ReplyDelete